"Mentally, physically and emotionally prepare student-athletes for "championship" competition through the "team work" culture created in the weight room during lifting and conditioning."
GOALS & OBJECTIVES:
- Develop the best sports specific training programs for our athletes.
- Provide expert coaching and supervision to all varsity sports.
- Offer a demanding, intense environment in which athletes are eager to train.
- Provide a safe, clean environment.
- Provide a modern well-kept facility.
The following four guidelines are used to develop all Strength and Conditioning programs:
- Develop a strength and conditioning program for all sports programs that will:
- Promote increased muscular strength for improved performance with a subsequent increase in joint stability and integrity of all supportive structures, tendons, ligaments and bones.
- Reduce the number of injuries as well as assist in the rehabilitation of the injured athletes.
- Increase functional muscular mass, thereby enhancing the athlete's power output.
- Improve muscle endurance.
- Improve cardio-vascular/cardio-pulmonary efficiency.
- Improve student-athletes functional range of motion.
- Improve student-athletes quickness and speed.
- Educate student/athletes regarding maintenance of long-term health and fitness.
- Allow for the development of testing protocols to identify strengths and weaknesses of the team and/or individual players. Test results will be recorded within individual profiles to monitor the progress of all athletes within the program.
- Promote an environment that is safe and well supervised.
- Purposeful - Every repetition, set, and workout has a purpose
- Prudent - Any and all exercises utilized must be developmentally appropriate and medically safe.
- Practical - The program should not be unnecessarily confusing or complicated.
- Safe - The program should utilize exercises/protocols which can be performed with a high degree of safety.
Stetson University Strength & Conditioning
Director of Strength & Conditioning: Mark Wateska
Assistant Director of Strength & Conditioning: Spencer Phillips
Assistant Strength Coach: Allison Zaccheo
Athletic Training Center Weight Room (with photo gallery)